There are two main instances when post-Judgment action is necessary:  (1) when a party is violating a prior court order and an enforcement action needs to be filed; and (2) when a parent’s circumstances have changed significantly requiring modification of child custody, child support, or spousal support orders.  Modifications are granted only if it can be shown that there has been a substantial change in circumstances to warrant the modification.

Enforcement Action:
If the other party is not following orders, you have the ability to have a court enforce the orders.  Available enforcement options include filing a Wage Assignment for payment of support, filing a Motion to enforce specific terms of an order, and filing a Contempt action (which is a quasi-criminal action) which could result in monetary sanctions as well as possible jail time.